shana04
02-25 12:23 PM
[SIZE="3"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]�A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.�
I support your idea. Excellent job !
[COLOR="DarkRed"]�A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.�
I support your idea. Excellent job !
wallpaper 2010 Ford Flex LTD AWD
chanduv23
04-11 12:14 PM
I heard from a friend who has a brother working in one of the lawyers affiliated with the AILA that USCIS has issued an internal memo to "go slow" on all EB 3 petitions including EB 3 I. That is very confusing to me given that EB3 I is U on the May VB. Has anyone else heard about this? if so can the IV core take measures against this discriminitory move.
Well - at the end of the fiscal year - their goal is to exhaust the quota. They have to exhaust the quota and they figured out that they have old EB2 approvable cases. As long as they exhaust quota it literally means there is demand - there is nothing much we can do - we are just stuck.
I request the entire community to unite and do something for ourselves. Admin fixes in form of preadjudication and recapture in form of legislation. Unless we do something for ourselves, as time passes - things will get more tough for us.
Well - at the end of the fiscal year - their goal is to exhaust the quota. They have to exhaust the quota and they figured out that they have old EB2 approvable cases. As long as they exhaust quota it literally means there is demand - there is nothing much we can do - we are just stuck.
I request the entire community to unite and do something for ourselves. Admin fixes in form of preadjudication and recapture in form of legislation. Unless we do something for ourselves, as time passes - things will get more tough for us.
longq
02-04 10:25 AM
Mr Unitednation takes the advantages of ignorance (in immgration law) of most of the forum members and spreading wrong information in both web sites.
Of course he is very informative, however he is very biased and having wrong openion that EB3 India has stolen EB3_ROW number in previous years as he belongs to ROW. He wrongly assumes that till EB3-ROW becomes current EB2 & EB3-India will not see any movement. He thinks no one knows the rules, laws ect..and he is only one knows everything. The actual fact is most peoples have been doing research on retrogression like him last two years and not having enough time to reply his post. To fuel his openion DOS is violating the section 202 of INA and no one cares about this including IV core team.
If you want to know true color of Unitednation visit this site.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=225197&page=3&pp=15&highlight=outlook
If you want to know how unused visanumbers suppose to work as per the law, visit this site.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2659&highlight=century
Of course he is very informative, however he is very biased and having wrong openion that EB3 India has stolen EB3_ROW number in previous years as he belongs to ROW. He wrongly assumes that till EB3-ROW becomes current EB2 & EB3-India will not see any movement. He thinks no one knows the rules, laws ect..and he is only one knows everything. The actual fact is most peoples have been doing research on retrogression like him last two years and not having enough time to reply his post. To fuel his openion DOS is violating the section 202 of INA and no one cares about this including IV core team.
If you want to know true color of Unitednation visit this site.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=225197&page=3&pp=15&highlight=outlook
If you want to know how unused visanumbers suppose to work as per the law, visit this site.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2659&highlight=century
2011 Inside, Flex Titanium
jsb
08-13 10:42 AM
What Details? I have mentioned in one of my posts here that my PERM has not yet been filed....No details regarding my green card processing.....Please read my posts to get more details on this.
Admin need to add three more options to 'Processing Stage' info in the header, 'Not Yet Filed', 'Not Interested in GC', and 'GC Received'. N/A should be removed, as there is always some Processing Stage.
Admin need to add three more options to 'Processing Stage' info in the header, 'Not Yet Filed', 'Not Interested in GC', and 'GC Received'. N/A should be removed, as there is always some Processing Stage.
more...
ItIsNotFunny
03-09 11:27 AM
everything in Pappu's message sounds good to me.
Itisnotfunny,
Should we go ahead and contribute what we pledged (those of us that haven't already paid) using the tool at the top of the screen?
thanks,
Yes, Everybody please do this ASAP!
Itisnotfunny,
Should we go ahead and contribute what we pledged (those of us that haven't already paid) using the tool at the top of the screen?
thanks,
Yes, Everybody please do this ASAP!
obelix
02-26 08:07 AM
North American naming conventions are clear, it has two essential parts, First Name and Last Name. Third part, the middle name is optional, and is also insisted upon, if you have one, to be written in full on all legal docs, such as PP, SS card etc.
Addition of something to your name probably is not adding your last name. It is rather changing your last name, legally speaking.
Therefore, this perhaps needs to be treated as a change of name, and you might need necessary legal docs to prove that, while trying to change for your taxes or other legal docs. Merely having a new passport with something added to your name, may or may not work.
Very much agreed. I have already submitted for my SSN update. They need one legal doc based on which my PP was update and thankfully their system allows acceptance of foreign court order. I had a court order from home town in India.
My question revolves around immigration aspects of Name Change like paystubs, PoE, taxes etc. I've contacted my company's lawyer. I'm just waiting for my SSN update before I make move.
Thanks for response.
Addition of something to your name probably is not adding your last name. It is rather changing your last name, legally speaking.
Therefore, this perhaps needs to be treated as a change of name, and you might need necessary legal docs to prove that, while trying to change for your taxes or other legal docs. Merely having a new passport with something added to your name, may or may not work.
Very much agreed. I have already submitted for my SSN update. They need one legal doc based on which my PP was update and thankfully their system allows acceptance of foreign court order. I had a court order from home town in India.
My question revolves around immigration aspects of Name Change like paystubs, PoE, taxes etc. I've contacted my company's lawyer. I'm just waiting for my SSN update before I make move.
Thanks for response.
more...
santb1975
11-18 05:58 PM
That is a Good One
�Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life's blood. But everyone has something to give.�
-Barbara Bush
�Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life's blood. But everyone has something to give.�
-Barbara Bush
2010 Big Daddy SUV with Ford Flex
leoindiano
03-10 09:29 AM
Admin,
I will contribute another 25$ once we reach 5k
I will contribute another 25$ once we reach 5k
more...
afialam
12-16 06:40 PM
I was finally able to obtain my new passport, but not without a fight until the end.
After two weeks of submission, I enquired from NY if they have received a clearance from the original passport issuing office (mine was Doha). They said NO. So I decided to contact the Doha consulate. They asked me send them the File number and receipt number. They also asked me to send scanned pages of my original passport, so keep those handy.
Once I emailed all these to Doha, they reverted back saying, that they have received everything and have faxed clearance to NY. When I called NY later, they claimed they have not received any fax. Infact one lady told me that the Fax might be in some other part of the building and will take time to reach her!!. So here started the iterations between Doha and NY. I would ask Doha to refax and NY would claim not to receive it.
I later on asked Doha if they could email the clearance to NY. They responded positively and following their email, I got a call from NY that they have received clearance and passport is ready.
If I would not jumped around, it would have taken a long long time for my passport to get ready. So be active and start the process for your new passport asap. Good Luck! :rolleyes:
After getting the form notarized (from a UPS store that has a public notary available), I made a second trip to the consulate and was able to submit the documents! (btw, I was in the queue for 1.5 hours!,,,Those of you going to the NY consulate, make sure u get there when doors open!)
Something new had to pop out.. So, after submission I was told the process could take four weeks because they need some sort of clearance from the consulate that issued the original passport. What sort of clearance.. I have no idea. My passport was issued in Doha. But I have heard from some of my friends who had passports issued in India also facing the same issue.
So those of you planning to travel in the near future and need to go to the consulate for passport reissue, go as early as possible and rid urself of some stress! :rolleyes:
After two weeks of submission, I enquired from NY if they have received a clearance from the original passport issuing office (mine was Doha). They said NO. So I decided to contact the Doha consulate. They asked me send them the File number and receipt number. They also asked me to send scanned pages of my original passport, so keep those handy.
Once I emailed all these to Doha, they reverted back saying, that they have received everything and have faxed clearance to NY. When I called NY later, they claimed they have not received any fax. Infact one lady told me that the Fax might be in some other part of the building and will take time to reach her!!. So here started the iterations between Doha and NY. I would ask Doha to refax and NY would claim not to receive it.
I later on asked Doha if they could email the clearance to NY. They responded positively and following their email, I got a call from NY that they have received clearance and passport is ready.
If I would not jumped around, it would have taken a long long time for my passport to get ready. So be active and start the process for your new passport asap. Good Luck! :rolleyes:
After getting the form notarized (from a UPS store that has a public notary available), I made a second trip to the consulate and was able to submit the documents! (btw, I was in the queue for 1.5 hours!,,,Those of you going to the NY consulate, make sure u get there when doors open!)
Something new had to pop out.. So, after submission I was told the process could take four weeks because they need some sort of clearance from the consulate that issued the original passport. What sort of clearance.. I have no idea. My passport was issued in Doha. But I have heard from some of my friends who had passports issued in India also facing the same issue.
So those of you planning to travel in the near future and need to go to the consulate for passport reissue, go as early as possible and rid urself of some stress! :rolleyes:
hair 2010 Ford Flex SEL Sterling
dontcareanymore
08-13 04:38 PM
Dear friends and fellow members at ImmigrationVoice,
Finally got the email today, Aug 13, 2009, from USCIS indicating that the card production has been ordered for me. No word yet about my wife's GC. Case still pending.
Relevant data for me:
India, EB2 - Priority date April 14, 2004
Texas Service Center.
Short of divulging my social security number, I will be happy to answer any and all questions about my journey so far.
Good luck to all of you.
Best Regards
Fred
NB to admins! If this is NOT the appropriate thread for this info, please let me know. I will remove this post. Right now this thread seems to have a lot of traffic and that's why I posted about my card process email here.
Congratulations to you !!! The PD for EB2 India for Aug 2009 is "01OCT03". I am wondering how they processed your application.
Are you sure your PD is Apr 2004 , category EB2 and chargeability is India ?
Your PD will be current for the month of September.
Join date Jul2009 and only 4 posts. Hope this is not a joke :)
Finally got the email today, Aug 13, 2009, from USCIS indicating that the card production has been ordered for me. No word yet about my wife's GC. Case still pending.
Relevant data for me:
India, EB2 - Priority date April 14, 2004
Texas Service Center.
Short of divulging my social security number, I will be happy to answer any and all questions about my journey so far.
Good luck to all of you.
Best Regards
Fred
NB to admins! If this is NOT the appropriate thread for this info, please let me know. I will remove this post. Right now this thread seems to have a lot of traffic and that's why I posted about my card process email here.
Congratulations to you !!! The PD for EB2 India for Aug 2009 is "01OCT03". I am wondering how they processed your application.
Are you sure your PD is Apr 2004 , category EB2 and chargeability is India ?
Your PD will be current for the month of September.
Join date Jul2009 and only 4 posts. Hope this is not a joke :)
more...
gc_on_demand
09-05 05:03 PM
Hello Guys
How many days we will have left in Sep month. Now its too late any action we will take may need 15 days or more .. by that time we will have oct month and new bulletin..
rather than there will be a some movement on HR 5882 bill next week.. lets focus on it so it will solve problem for all.
How many days we will have left in Sep month. Now its too late any action we will take may need 15 days or more .. by that time we will have oct month and new bulletin..
rather than there will be a some movement on HR 5882 bill next week.. lets focus on it so it will solve problem for all.
hot 2011 Ford Flex Limited Milford
Deepika
11-11 06:07 PM
To thunderbolt,
Being a mother of a 9 month old baby i can understand what is going on in u now. First thing i feel is u have to some how get rid of her. I feel u have done a wrong thing first of hiring her. And how can u justify you paying her in cash. So i feel let her go. But then after she left what you should do is in your local websites and ads put up your review and video on her. And that would help another child being treated the way your baby was.
Why i feel that will help is, because i was looking for some kind of care for my baby and i did a 3 months complete survey on what is the right to do. So i am sure any mother will do the same thing in your local area and would come across your video and review.
Being a mother of a 9 month old baby i can understand what is going on in u now. First thing i feel is u have to some how get rid of her. I feel u have done a wrong thing first of hiring her. And how can u justify you paying her in cash. So i feel let her go. But then after she left what you should do is in your local websites and ads put up your review and video on her. And that would help another child being treated the way your baby was.
Why i feel that will help is, because i was looking for some kind of care for my baby and i did a 3 months complete survey on what is the right to do. So i am sure any mother will do the same thing in your local area and would come across your video and review.
more...
house 2010 Ford Flex Limited Raleigh
anilsal
09-08 01:04 PM
Lol no I'm relaxed enough...just worked up about the rally. I am attending and did contribute too. Am meeting some others later to put up more flyers. All this did was get me more psyched...no harm done :)
Well, IV needs more like you. :)
Meet you in DC. I will be at the IL chapter area.
Well, IV needs more like you. :)
Meet you in DC. I will be at the IL chapter area.
tattoo 2010 Ford Flex Limited
cinqsit
04-11 10:30 AM
...
I seriously doubt that a candidate whose labor is pending since such a long time is even keeping that GC process alive. In all likelihood he/she must have moved on in life.
...
I think I know a few with PD < 2002 still waiting....Its hard to give up when you have waited so long....
As far as rest of the post it might be true but with USCIS everything is speculative since
this process is so god damn opaque :-(
I seriously doubt that a candidate whose labor is pending since such a long time is even keeping that GC process alive. In all likelihood he/she must have moved on in life.
...
I think I know a few with PD < 2002 still waiting....Its hard to give up when you have waited so long....
As far as rest of the post it might be true but with USCIS everything is speculative since
this process is so god damn opaque :-(
more...
pictures 2010 Ford Flex SEL Suitland,
Redeye
07-10 10:54 PM
dude, you sound viscious. You missed his/her point.
His/her point is EB catergory does not depend on advanced education as claimed by your earlier post.
my reply was only meant to highlight what you have been doing on this thread. i do not care who is in which EB category. and i know exactly how people with masters degrees suffer in EB3. however, for you to argue that all category preference should just disappear, is quite ridiculous and i have explained the reasons to you. that does not mean people in EB3 are not suffering or that all those in EB3 are either holding advanced degrees or 3 year bachelor degrees. that stereotyping is in your head alone. certainly not in mine. you never answered any of my questions though. what would be the effect of YOUR solutions? would people like me EVER get a GC?
please do not unload your frustrations on all of us and derail what should be important.
iv has one goal- to end retrogression. period. iv's founder belonged to EB3. so do several core members. you have some funny perception that iv is about EB2. so be it. ironical though, because iv is commonly accused of being an entirely EB3 india organization.
so let me hear how the following things iv has constantly been fighting for, are somehow not helpful for EB3??
recapture GC
exempt families
remove country quotas
as for STEM exemption, if EB2 clears up, where do you think the GC numbers will go? what should we ask for? exemption for all??? not to mention that would get YOU a GC as quickly as possible and would LEAVE ME OUT. i still call and lobby for STEM exemption. i don't whine and moan on the forum about how it excludes health care professionals. if i have an issue, i work to resolve it- note the iv-physicians chapter in my signature that works to resolve specific issues. i created it and we have had success in reaching lawmakers with our problems.
anyway, iv is clearly not about a few leaders. the tone on the forums and the discussions are dictated by its members. iv has more EB3 members than any other category. so now ask yourself, WHY does the forum seem to discuss more EB2 issues (at least to you) ??? whose fault would that be if it were true? who needs to take responsibility to highlight their issues?
you have the option to change your job sir. if you are so frustrated, find a job that is up to your skill levels. you will not hear me on this forum complaining that EB1 should not get preference- hey i contribute as much or more. so why?
get with it. we fight the battles we think we can win. ANY GC numbers/exemptions will move everyone ahead in the line. what part of that do you not understand?
and now again. stop this divisive crap. we have more important issues to deal with.
His/her point is EB catergory does not depend on advanced education as claimed by your earlier post.
my reply was only meant to highlight what you have been doing on this thread. i do not care who is in which EB category. and i know exactly how people with masters degrees suffer in EB3. however, for you to argue that all category preference should just disappear, is quite ridiculous and i have explained the reasons to you. that does not mean people in EB3 are not suffering or that all those in EB3 are either holding advanced degrees or 3 year bachelor degrees. that stereotyping is in your head alone. certainly not in mine. you never answered any of my questions though. what would be the effect of YOUR solutions? would people like me EVER get a GC?
please do not unload your frustrations on all of us and derail what should be important.
iv has one goal- to end retrogression. period. iv's founder belonged to EB3. so do several core members. you have some funny perception that iv is about EB2. so be it. ironical though, because iv is commonly accused of being an entirely EB3 india organization.
so let me hear how the following things iv has constantly been fighting for, are somehow not helpful for EB3??
recapture GC
exempt families
remove country quotas
as for STEM exemption, if EB2 clears up, where do you think the GC numbers will go? what should we ask for? exemption for all??? not to mention that would get YOU a GC as quickly as possible and would LEAVE ME OUT. i still call and lobby for STEM exemption. i don't whine and moan on the forum about how it excludes health care professionals. if i have an issue, i work to resolve it- note the iv-physicians chapter in my signature that works to resolve specific issues. i created it and we have had success in reaching lawmakers with our problems.
anyway, iv is clearly not about a few leaders. the tone on the forums and the discussions are dictated by its members. iv has more EB3 members than any other category. so now ask yourself, WHY does the forum seem to discuss more EB2 issues (at least to you) ??? whose fault would that be if it were true? who needs to take responsibility to highlight their issues?
you have the option to change your job sir. if you are so frustrated, find a job that is up to your skill levels. you will not hear me on this forum complaining that EB1 should not get preference- hey i contribute as much or more. so why?
get with it. we fight the battles we think we can win. ANY GC numbers/exemptions will move everyone ahead in the line. what part of that do you not understand?
and now again. stop this divisive crap. we have more important issues to deal with.
dresses Review: 2010 Ford Flex
srr_2007
04-06 11:42 PM
If the authorities were really clever they should have accepted the 65000 with highest salaries instead of doing something random like a lottery. This in turn would have forced employers to raise wages to have a meaningful shot at getting a visa.
employer can very well get a new LCA with lower wage later and pay less to the employee.
employer can very well get a new LCA with lower wage later and pay less to the employee.
more...
makeup 2011 Ford Flex Limited
santb1975
12-01 10:22 AM
^^^
girlfriend 2010 Ford Flex Limited Pine
acecupid
08-11 05:47 PM
I see so many posts about people correcting names in passports. Just wondering once you change your name in passport, doesnt it get inconsistent with the name in visa and other US documents ? Did anyone get US documents corrected based on name change in passport ? I believe once you make correction in passport, to make any changes to name in visa or US documents you need a US court order for name change otherwise there will be problems in H1/ EAD/ AP extensions. Anyone with experience please advice.
hairstyles 2010 Ford Flex Limited
dontcareanymore
08-11 12:39 PM
My PD is May 2006. I applied for I-485 in September 2008 when my date had become current. Subsequently got married and now waiting for my date to be current again so I could add my wife.
I had given hope and was not preparing for anything and hence have India trip planned (wife 11th Sept - 1st Nov and I'd go for the month of October).
Given the latest movement, now I think to be safe I should do all that is necessary that in case dates move forward enough for October, I should be able to add my wife to my application. If there are any comments/advice around this, please do let me know.
Also, what would be the things to get ready for her? I hope it'd be alrite that she will be in India while we apply for her I-485?
Thanks for all the advise!
The reason for this EB2 move is end of year overflow from other categories. I would not expect a significant forward movement next month (if at all there is ANY forward movement).
If the past experience is any indication, you might see a pullback.
You would know in advance if the dates move forward next month and I guess you can reschedule your visit and cut short your wife's trip.
You can prepare all the necessary documentation like birth certificate (translations if necessary) marriage certificate and/or any affidavits (if necessary) in advance.
I don't think your wife can apply AOS (Adjustment of Status) while abroad. She has to be present in USA. She can however file "Consular Processing" while in a foreign country, if that is what you want to pursue.
I had given hope and was not preparing for anything and hence have India trip planned (wife 11th Sept - 1st Nov and I'd go for the month of October).
Given the latest movement, now I think to be safe I should do all that is necessary that in case dates move forward enough for October, I should be able to add my wife to my application. If there are any comments/advice around this, please do let me know.
Also, what would be the things to get ready for her? I hope it'd be alrite that she will be in India while we apply for her I-485?
Thanks for all the advise!
The reason for this EB2 move is end of year overflow from other categories. I would not expect a significant forward movement next month (if at all there is ANY forward movement).
If the past experience is any indication, you might see a pullback.
You would know in advance if the dates move forward next month and I guess you can reschedule your visit and cut short your wife's trip.
You can prepare all the necessary documentation like birth certificate (translations if necessary) marriage certificate and/or any affidavits (if necessary) in advance.
I don't think your wife can apply AOS (Adjustment of Status) while abroad. She has to be present in USA. She can however file "Consular Processing" while in a foreign country, if that is what you want to pursue.
pappu
06-04 09:57 AM
Live updates of the advocacy day event will be posted on this thread as well as
Advocacy Days (http://advocacydays.blogspot.com/)
Updates will start pouring in from Sunday morning 10:30 AM and continue till Tuesday night.
Please stay tuned
Advocacy Days (http://advocacydays.blogspot.com/)
Updates will start pouring in from Sunday morning 10:30 AM and continue till Tuesday night.
Please stay tuned
santb1975
11-16 08:44 PM
^^^^